Sunday, February 12, 2012

Cold Bug Destroyer Smoothie

When I was in college there was a Jamba Juice near my work and whenever I got a cold, or just felt run down with all of the classes, work, cramming, midnight study sessions (and maybe a bit of partying thrown in there, too. :) ) I would get a berry smoothe with antioxidant boost and I always felt better within a day or so.  There isn't a Jamba Juice where I live now, so I've had to figure out my own antioxidant blend.  This smoothie also boasts a bit of silken tofu for protien (I promise you won't even know it's there!) to keep you fuller, longer.  I think that eating right is one of the best ways that we can keep our bodies working in top form. So if you find yourself curled up on the couch with a box of kleenex, give this smoothie a whirl and you should be back on your feet in no time! 

1 c. ice cubes
1/2 c. blueberries
1/2 c. blackberries (frozen fruit is fine and a lot cheaper this time of year!)
1/4 c. drained silken tofu
2 Tbs. acai or pomegranite juice
2 tsp. agave nectar or honey
1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon or cardamom

Put everything in your blender in this order and blend on high until smooth.  If you're using frozen fruit you can reduce the ice to 3/4 cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...