1. My earliest childhood memories in the kitchen are with my Grandma Eileen. We made cookies, listened to Billy Joel's "Uptown Girl", and she didn't get mad at all if I dropped a raw egg on her carpeted kitchen floor. Ew. I wish I'd inherited her patience.
2. I could live off of brownies. Or bread. Maybe bread with brownies for dessert.
3. I have two small kids. My little girl will be 4 in may and my baby boy turns 2 in a couple of weeks. Where does the time go?
4. My husband and I are both teachers- he teaches high school science, and I am a former elementary teacher turned stay-at-home-mom.
5. He just started a grad school program to add an educational administrator license to his credentials and our world is in a bit of an upheaval at the moment. We're seeking balance.
6. Balance. Yoga. Did you know I'm also a yoga instructor? I owned my own studio in our little farming town. It went out of business, and I've had a really hard time getting back into my practice after that.
7. I've practiced every day this week, and last night spent a half an hour trying to get into handstand. Ugh.
8. My shoulders are killing me!
9. My kids just started sharing a room so we could have an office again for my husband to work on his homework in. It's challenging getting everyone to sleep!
10. The office is also my new yoga room where I can get away from kids and dogs and have some peace and quiet. Love it!
11. I have two dogs- a one old black lab and a 10 year old Newfoundland that we took in from my sis-in-law who is moving to Saudi Arabia with her family. The dogs are great with the kids and as hectic and hairy as they make the house sometimes I wouldn't trade it.
Beros and Little Brother having a snuggle
Jake hoping for scraps
12. I am finding that two large dogs can really go through a 40 lb. bag of dog food. Must redo grocery budget...
13. We are trying to do Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover. If you haven't started your total money makeover yet, I encourage you to do so! It will change your entire outlook on money, life and your relationships. It's been almost a year and we've paid off a ton. You can find more info here.
14. We still have a long way to go....darned student loans. :/
15. Hopefully with hubby's new credential we can make more money and be debt free except the house in a year or two!
16. I love to travel. If I had my ideal life I'd be a gagillionaire and travel the world doing volunteer work and eating. :)
17. I love trying new recipes. My husband and son are great guinea pigs. My daughter, not so much.
18. Big Sister doesn't understand why she can't eat cheese quesadillas, Raisin Bran Crunch or blue box mac n' cheese for every meal.
19. The name Naloma comes from the first two letters of my daughter's, son's and my names. I tried to work my husband's in there as well, but it didn't flow well. I think it may mean something in Russian because the blog keeps getting hits from Russian search engines. I guess I'd better get on babelfish and make sure it doesn't mean something dirty!
20. I also custom paint furniture. You can see my work here.
21. Sometimes I feel like I have too many projects going- yoga, furniture, blogging, running a house, raising kids etc. and wonder if I'm spreading myself too thin. Sometimes I worry if I am doing all of them just so-so and not really well.
22. I hope that my most important job, raising my kids and being a good wife, I am doing really well. I do my best to make sure I put them first, while finding time to take care of myself. Again, it's all about finding balance.
23. My husband is amazingly awesome, the best kind of dad- firm but fun, brilliant, and handsome, too. ;)
24. I literally married the boy next door.
25. It's spring, which means I'm also running again. Exept when it rains, which is today. So that means I get to curl up with a book guilt-free! Right now I'm reading the Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon. This series is absolutely amazing, with very real characters. The second book was a bit slow, but I'm on the fifth book now and can't put it down.
Well, there you have it! 25 random things about me. Have you ever done a 25 things list? If so, link up in the comment section! I'd love to read yours :)
And don't forget- there is still time to enter the handwarmer mug giveaway here. Drawing is April 2!