Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sweet n' Tangy Cocktail Weenies

I made this recipe a few weeks ago for my monthly book club get together.  They were a big hit!  The recipe comes from Cooking on Clover Lane which is the sister-blog to my all time favorite blog, Clover Lane .  She and I think very much alike about life and motherhood.  She has a wonderful way with words and expresses her thoughts so beautifully.  I really hope you check out her site!

Back to the recipe- I followed everything exactly per her directions, but it seemed really saucy for my liking, so I think next time I'll cut the sauce ingredients in half and keep the weenie amount the same.  Or maybe she just uses a bigger package of Lil' Smokies than I did.  Photo and recipe comes courtesy of the link above.

I had a few leftovers, so I stuck them in some leftover hamburger buns and fed them to the kids for lunch the next day.  They loved it! Sort of a hotdog-sloppy joe fusion. :)



1 bottle chili sauce
1 jar red currant jelly
4 TBS brown sugar
1 package Lil Smokies Sausages
Mix first three ingredients on stove over low heat.  Add sausages.  Heat through till hot.
Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...