Monday, January 23, 2012

Maple Butterscotch Blondies

My husband LOVES butterscotch so the kids and I whipped up these blondies just for him! ♥  They are gooey and rich, a perfect fix for your sweet tooth.  My kids don't like nuts so I left those out, but I think they'd be delicious!



1/2 c. melted butter
1 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. maple syrup
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 c. butterscotch chips
1/2 c. chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat your oven to 350.  Cream the butter and brown sugar together in a large bowl.  Add the eggs, beating well till blended.  Then beat in maple syrup.  In another bowl combine the flour and baking powder.  Add to egg mixture and mix well.  Fold in butterscotch chips and walnuts if you are using them. 

Pour into a greased 9" square baking pan (I LOVE Baker's Joy spray!)  Bake for 27-32 minutes or until a toothpic inserted near the center comes out clean.  Let cool completely before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...