Saturday, December 10, 2011

Poppyseed Garlic Bread

Garlic bread is an absolute essential to me when eating any kind of Italian food.  I'd be just fine skipping the pasta all together and just dunking soft chewy garlic bread into sauce.  I prefer to make my own garlic bread rather than buy the store-made ones in the aluminum wrapper.  In my opinion they put WAY to much "butter" on those and they become a soggy, greasy mess.  This recipe is super quick and easy, using a store-bought loaf of bread which often times is cheaper than the pre-made loaves.  I hope you like it!


1 loaf bakery Italian bread
Butter
Garlic powder
Italian Seasoning
Poppyseeds
Parmesan Cheese

Slice the loaf of bread longways, so you end up with two long halves and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.  Spread each half with butter.  Sprinkle with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, poppyseeds and parmesan cheese.  Place under the broiler till toasty.  Be sure and WATCH IT!  If you walk away it will burn. Guaranteed.  It only takes a couple minutes.  Around here, we like to cut ours into breadstick sized slices, perfect for dunking.


For an extra fancy loaf you can skip the garlic powder and spread with a mixture of butter and roasted garlic.  I'll show you my super easy way to roast garlic in another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...