Friday, June 15, 2012

3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies

My friend Katie made these cookies the other day when we got our kids together for a play date.  Now, I've never liked peanut butter cookies.  They always seemed dry and almost a bit burnt tasting to me.  I always want them to be creamy and rich- like peanut butter is!  These cookies, however, are nothing like those dry cardboard cookies I remember.  They are soft, chewy, silky smooth and peanutty.  I asked her for the recipe and was so surprised at how easy they are!  Only 3 ingredients!! I made a batch at home and they only lasted a couple of days.  I simply could not stop eating them!  I'm pretty sure you could make them with any nut butter, and next time I'm going to try it with Nutella.  I'm sure they'll be TO DIE FOR!


1 c. peanut butter
1 c. sugar
1 egg

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Mix ingredients together in a bowl.  Roll into 1-2 inch balls.  Place balls on a cookie sheet and use a fork to press a criss-cross pattern in the center of each cookie, flattening them into disks.  Bake for 8-10 mins watching them carefully!  They burn easily and there is a very fine line between raw, done, and overdone.  IMPORTANT:  Leave them on the cookie sheet a full 10 mins. before removing to let them cool or you will have peanut butter crumbs.  Once they are cool, eat with reckless abandon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...